Ottawa Veg Challenge
THE 31 DAY VEGAN CHALLENGE
Ottawa's Next Top Vegans
May 1st – 31st, 2012
Stay tuned in to the blog page for more Challenge news and updates.
You, your sister, your father-in-law, your next-door neighbour, your friend! Anyone and everyone interested in plant-based eating is welcome to take part in the challenge.
To become one of Ottawa's Next Top Vegans, you must avoid eating animal products for 31 days. But don't worry; we'll be there to help you along the way! Our support emails with tips, recipes and local guides, as well as optional around-the-town events, will certainly help your challenge go smoothly. Please visit the "FAQ" page for more details.
Come join us for the launch of the challenge at the NCVA's Ottawa Veg Fest 2012 on April 29th. From there, the challenge goes wherever you go!
The 31 Day Vegan Challenge officially starts on May 1st and ends on May 31st, 2012. A final celebratory dinner for those who complete the challenge will take place on Friday, June 1st, at The Table Vegetarian Restaurant with prizes to be won!
Ever thought of eating a vegan diet? Ever wanted to eat less animal products to better your health, the environment, or the lives of animals? Ever wanted to just try something new? Do you like PRIZES? For more reasons, please visit our "Why Go Vegan?" page.
For more general info on veganism, check out the following…
Vegan Starter Kits:
- PETA’s Vegetarian/Vegan Starter Kit
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine’s 21-day Vegan Kickstart Guide
- Oprah’s Vegan Starter Kit
- The Vegan Chef
- Vegan Cooking
- The Vegan Society - Recipes
- Vegan Peace - Recipes
- Local Ottawa Vegan Substitute and Shopping Guide
- NCVA’s Ottawa Veg Business Directory
- One Green Planet’s Vegan Guide List
- Barnivore – Vegan Beer, Wine and Liquor Guide
- NCVA’s Blog
- Salad in a Steakhouse
- Two Vegan Sisters
- Not Your Parents' Granola
- Fat Free Vegan
- Lululemon Blog – “The One-Month Vegan Challenge”